The Shell Houston Open is the one final tournament before the Masters. It offers the last spot in the year's first major -- that is, if the eventual winner isn't already qualified. That makes this tournament fascinating unto itself, but its Masters-inspired setup and strong field are a draw as well.
[DraftKings: Win $1 Million playing Fantasy Golf during the Masters – Sign up for free!]
Jordan Spieth and Jimmy Walker, fresh off their Valero Texas Open duel, headline the field. Sergio Garcia, Phil Mickelson and Matt Kuchar are among the big names, too.
However, unlike most weeks, there are no clear cut favorites. With that, here are the best bets for the week at Golf Club of Houston.
1. Jordan Spieth — Spieth is going to be great this week (Masters Lite) and next week (Masters Heavy) because his short game is out of sight. He said this course makes him uncomfortable, but he’s been out of this world this season.
2. Patrick Reed — Patrick Reed doesn’t need a boost of confidence, but GC of Houston could help him feel very good going into a second crack at Augusta National as a pro.
3. J.B. Holmes — Holmes has been playing some great golf, a missed cut at Bay Hill aside. He’s been in the top 12 three times since 2009, including a playoff loss in ’09.
4. Jimmy Walker — Walker’s not going to mail in an event in his home state, but it’s hard not to think he won’t be tired from a hometown win. However, you have to love him at the Masters.
5. Lee Westwood — Westwood seems to have found some consistency, making all six PGA Tour cuts this season including three in the Florida Swing. Never missed a cash in Houston.
Ryan Ballengee is a Yahoo Sports contributor. Find him on Facebook and Twitter.